I got Jack up in the morning and dressed him in his father's day outfit for Steve... it was of course a pearl snap shirt and his first pair of denim shorts! He looked adorable. Jack and Rosco got Steve a few things: a hammock, spatula for the grill and a couple pairs of socks!! When we got home from our little road trip we had twice baked potatoes and Steak with Pontchartrain Sauce (recipe to follow). It was delicious!! Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!
Recipe for the Pontchartrain Sauce
Ingredients:
5 button mushrooms quartered
1/2 cup unsalted butter - cut in half (I ONLY USED 1/4c BUTTER.. YOU CAN JUDGE YOURS!)
1 lemon
1/4 cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream (40% fat)
1/2 cup small shrimp or diced larger shrimp (I USED SHRIMP & SCALLOPS)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 bunch parsley chopped
1 bunch scallions chopped
Directions:
Heat pan to high heat. Add 1/2 of room temperature butter. Add mushrooms and sauté. The mushrooms will soak up all of the butter, so shake pan. Once mushrooms are brown, add wine to deglaze. Once wine separates, squeeze lemon and add cream. Reduce cream until thick. Add shrimp, parsley, and scallions. When shrimp is pink and cooked, add garlic and remaining butter. Take off stove, mix, and pour over fish.
I PUT IT OVER STEAK--EITHER WORKS!
No comments:
Post a Comment