Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Shrimp--its what's for DINNER!!


I bought this last week......
I was not really sure what I would do with it besides warm it and serve it with pasta of some sort.
By the way: its Bertolli Vodka Sauce.
So after a little searching on the internet, I ended up on the Bertolli website that lead me to:
SHRIMP & PENNE FRA DIAVOLO
its a little more than just warming it up and serving it with Pasta!
Its very simple to make and I liked it maybe you will too!!
Recipe below!

First you will need:

(obviously!)
and some:
Shrimp!
Olive Oil

Seasoning...
(salt, pepper, garlis & red pepper flakes)
a lemon
some pasta of your choice...
and the recipe goes like this.....



1 lb. uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (I used enough for just steve and I, so only abt 10 med shrimp)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 jar Bertolli® Vodka Sauce
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1 lb. penne pasta, cooked and drained (You can use the pasta of your choice!)

Directions:
* Season shrimp, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat Olive Oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook garlic and red pepper flakes 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until shrimp are almost pink. Stir in Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then stir in lemon peel. Serve over hot penne and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh basil.
And when I was done it looked like this!!

Not too bad, I topped it with parmesan cheese and served with a salad. (and a glass of wine)  Bread would have been nice if I had any!
I will make it again!!!
It was something different than the same weekly stuff I am used to making!


Jack's new favorite--ta da: his FEET!!!



No comments: