Friday, December 9, 2011

Waaay back in June.....

So the month of June was quite an exciting one for the Jesulaitis Household! Jack turned 18 months old as stated in a previous post. He went in for his 18th month check up also stated in the same previous post.... and then Momma (Me) went in for her yearly check up later in the month, it was very routine but since my body does not function like that of a normal female... my doc decided it would be best to do a quick pregnancy test on me... and low and behold I was PREGNANT! Quite the shocker, Really! The tears immediately started flowing and all my doctor could ask me was how was I going to tell my husband...? She was so excited for us! We really did not think we'd get pregnant again, but had decided to leave it in God's hands at this point and we obviously had not been trying to prevent anything from happening...just didn't think it was in the cards for us with out fertility help which, we had decided we would not do. So, how was I going to tell my husband was the question on my mind!!! My doctor sent me in for an ultrasound to determine how far along I was since we have not dates to look back on (remember I don't "function" like normal). So there it was a picture of my little BEAN! I could not just call him up and tell him over the phone... it was a surprise for him as much as for me I was so excited to tell him. I had talked to him earlier that morning and knew that he had already had a tough day at work and so I figured I would just stop there at his office while on my way back to work... 
I did not think he would be easy to find but when I opened up the office doors, ha, there he was standing talking to someone else! He saw me and kind of had a blank stare on his face, like, what are you doing here... I asked him if he'd come outside I needed to talk to him, which, freaked him out a little... then I just showed him the pic from the ultrasound! He stared at it for a minute.. then said "you're pregnant?" smiled and hugged me and a kiss too! We talked for a few minutes then he told me he had to get back to work hugged me again and we were off, it was really a sweet moment! I could not stop smiling!
So here are a couple shots of the bean, that is not a bean anymore.. but I am playing catch up so we'll pretend its June again.. just for the moment.

This was 6/28/11 I was 6 weeks and 1 day pregnant!


3 comments:

Jennifer Dean said...

So amazing. Congratulations again you guys. I can't wait to get all the details and see the pics.

Anonymous said...

I'm still so excited for you guys!! I've also given your blog the "Liebster Blog Award" because I love following it! Stop by mine & read all about it!

Jill Ash said...

Such a sweet post! I cried just thinking about you two...however it may be the hormones :)