As a new stay at home mom, I am always looking for something to occupy my "extra" time, not that I have much extra time with a 9 month old, who is into EVERYTHING! But My cousin wanted some nap mats for her girls to take to Mother's Day Out, so, I say... "Oh those are easy to make", "I can do it". Mind you that I have taken sewing lessons.. but that was 4 years ago and the biggest thing I made was a pillow and a bag. But I see all these people making stuff as I read/follow blogs and I always want to try to make these things so, here was my chance to make something. Off to the material store
I WE went. Wow! What to get, where to start, Material. Is. Expensive! But that is what makes these things so darn cute! So here is the result of my first REAL attempt at sewing. I think it turned out alright. The second mat is already in production, and easier to make than the first one was.. I am a PRO now.. HA, I made a funny! I have so much to learn!
But I like it, SEWING. Is. Fun!
Just needs the mat stuffed in it!
Jack Had to Try It! He's getting a camo one!
All Snuggled up!

\
and then the MONSTER comes alive!
1 comment:
Look how crafty you are! I had Avery's nap mat made, and I am a little embarrassed to say how much it actually was...but it was just so darn cute! Maybe you should sell them?
Post a Comment