Sunday, February 7, 2010

Today starts Awarness Week for CHD--Congenital Heart Defects

Awareness for CHD has become very close to my heart in the last few months! My son Jarrett was diagnosed with Tetralogy of Fallot when I was 19 weeks pregnant and will be undergoing surgery for the defect on Monday the 8th! I am very  nevervous and anxious all at the same time. This will be a HUGE surgery of course but it is the first step in having him closer to being home! So please please keep him in your prayers this week as it will be a rough one for all of us!

Here is a website with more information: http://www.chdawareness.org/




4 comments:

Jill Ash said...

Jarrett and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I actually have a friend who had TOF as an infant, she is a nurse in her thirties now. I even took care of a few infants at tx childrens with TOF while in nursing school. It is amazing what they can do!

Kelly said...

Jarrett and your family are in my prayers! I know he'll come through great and get to be home with the rest of his family SOON!

Cheryl Elmer said...

We will keep your family in our prayers today! Hope everything goes perfect and he can go home soon. love and miss you!

hooray said...

I love you guys! Am saying prayers for you during this very difficult season.