Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day One!

So today is my real first day as a stay at home mommy, again. Back in December I "retired" from work, again. And going into this time around as a Stay at Home Mommy I have a totally different outlook!! 
Since we only have about 6 weeks left before the baby comes I am trying to get everything done around the house efficiently. Jack has started going to school 5 days a week but only from 8-12, so when he gets home he is ready for his nap and I can get more done around the house while he naps. Today has been VERY SUCCESSFUL! I picked him up at Noon, he came home watched a little cartoons, and was out like a light by 12:30! Yay! I was really wondering how it was going to go but we did great! Now we'll see how long the nap lasts! 
So on Day one so far we got up early 6:15, watched the morning cartoons (Mickey Mouse), made breakfast (french toast & scrambled eggs), got myself dressed (presentable for the public), got Jack cleaned up and dressed for school. and were out the door at 7:55 to go to school. Very Productive. OH I also threw in a load of laundry before we left so it would be done when I got back from dropping Jack off and compiled my grocery list! Which also lead to me creating my weekly dinner menu, this is something that I used to do but kind of quit doing when I went back to work last year.... but we are back on now. Having a weekly menu really saves me time and money. I put my list together of all the things I will need to buy for every dinner that week, that way I have everything on hand when I start cooking each night, it cuts out quick trips to the store to get something that you forgot (and you end up getting other stuff you don't need, at least I do!)!!
After I dropped Jack off this morning, I headed to the cleaners to drop off Steve's clothes, then on to the Grocery store with my list in hand, next to the bank, then back home. I was very hesitant about Jack only being in school 4 hrs a day, I thought, what am I gong to be able to get done by noon? But today by NINE A.M. I had all of the above done, I felt pretty good about that! Then from 9-noon I spot cleaned my house and did more laundry!
So for the next 5-6 weeks I will try to stay this efficient, we'll see how that goes the larger I get with this baby... and then when she makes her debut we will have to get on a whole new schedule but its one that I am pretty excited about. Morning time with Paige and then the afternoon with both of my babies, can't get much better than that! I am really anxious for her to get here!
As I said earlier I have a whole new outlook on being a stay at home mom, before--after the boys were born we obviously had a lot going on with Jarrett and I didn't feel like I could enjoy my time at home with Jack because Jarrett was not there and my time was spent split between them, one at home and one in the Hospital. And after Jarrett passed it was of course rough and had to get back in a routine. I was L.O.S.T!
But staying home this time, I have different "outlets" I have met a few new people up here with kids of the same age so I am looking forward to play dates with them and going to the Library and fun things like that. More arts and craps at home with the kids, park days etc...  I could go on and on... I am truly excited about this time around! Wow, this was wordy post!
I am also excited about becoming a better blogger, first I need a blog design 101 class, mine looks like crap right now, not so excited about that! Help if you can! I would appreciate it!

That's all for now. No Pics this time!
Angela


No comments: